If you have sensitive skin, then you are probably aware of products that can cause irritation, redness, and allergies. Deodorants might be the best example because it is a product that you apply every day.
It might come as a surprise, but many popular cosmetic brands of deodorants include chemicals and artificial fragrances. Many of these things can cause irritation to your sensitive skin. We have made a list of the best natural deodorants for sensitive skin. Some of these natural deodorants can be found in drugstores, and you can DIY some of them at home.
Ingredients to Avoid if You Have Sensitive Skin
This is the most common ingredient in deodorants. Its primary role is to clog sweat glands in order to prevent perspiring. Aluminum salts are used in most antiperspirants so you should definitely be aware of the ingredients if you have sensitive skin. It can cause redness, irritation, and itchiness.
Even though it helps the deodorant dry faster and it can be great bacteria-killer, alcohol can also irritate your armpits. It tends to dry sensitive skin. It is not used in natural deodorants.
- Perfume or Fragrance
Like with any other product, brands use perfume to disguise the ingredients from the competitors. Many people avoid beauty products that have fragrance included because they know it is not natural. It could be possible that brands hide some of the ingredients that could harm sensitive skin.
They are considered to be dangerous. They prevent deodorants from growing mold and bacteria in a product, but they can also harm sensitive skin.
- Propylene Glycol
Avoid using propylene glycol all the times. It can be very dangerous for your nervous system, liver, and heart. The beauty companies use propylene glycol in high doses for antiperspirants is as high as 50%.
Best Natural Deodorant for Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin and you have trouble finding the right deodorant, then the solution is to switch to natural deodorants. They are free of aluminum, fragrance, and parabens. Let’s have a look at some of the best drugstore deodorants for sensitive skin.
Vichy 24-Hour Dry-Touch Aluminum Free Deodorant and Salt-Free
This deodorant from Vichy is aluminum-free, but its formula contains zinc gluconate to neutralize odors. It is recommended for shaved and sensitive skin. It is also enriched with Thermal water, which helps moisturize your skin.
- It is alcohol, aluminum, and paraben free deodorant.
- It doesn’t leave marks on your clothes.
- The scent of the product is like baby powder – it can be little overpowering for a natural deodorant.
If you are into products that have water formula and that will moisturize your skin in the best possible way, then this stick might be a great choice.
Crystal Deodorant Essence Roll-On Chamomile/Green Tea
As the word ‘crystal’ implies, this deodorant is made of mineral salts. It is hypoallergenic, it does not contain aluminum chlorohydrate, aluminum zirconium, phthalates and most of all it contains no parabens. The smell of chamomile and green tea is mild and very stress-relieving.
- Minerals prevent odor, while not clogging the pores of your skin.
- It is not sticky and leaves no white traces on your clothing.
- Chamomile scent can mix with the smell of your perspiration and not be pleasant.
- It works for a few hours, but not the whole day.
Mineral salts have been used for years in traditional medicine. This product avoids the use of aluminum and other harmful chemicals, so it is great for sensitive skin.
Green Tidings Organic All Natural Deodorant, Unscented
If you are an eco-friendly person, then this natural deodorant for sensitive skin might be the right choice for you! Not only does it contain no chemicals (aluminum, SLS, soy, silicone, petrolatum, etc.) it is also made in a solar-powered facility! It is fragrance-free as well.
- It is completely free of all dangerous chemicals that can harm your sensitive skin.
- It contains organic lavender oil which is calming and antiseptic.
- If you have used regular deodorant before this one, it can cause some irritations – it is called detox.
- It is not recommended to use right after shaving.
This deodorant is made of eco materials that protect our planet Earth. Using it will make your skin feel great, and calm your conscience.
Tea Tree Sensitive Skin Deodorant Stick
Unlike spray deodorants, this creamy, smooth one can really make you fall in love with natural deodorants. This one is made of natural ingredients that include shea butter, coconut oil, vitamin E, and tea tree essential oil.
- It is absorbed easily without being sticky.
- It is perfect for sensitive skin – made without baking soda.
- You have to warm it with your body before using it – not so practical for a people in a hurry.
Its creamy formula is perfect for people who have searched for spray substitution. However, it still can leave marks on your clothing, and essential oils can cause irritations. Read the ingredients carefully.
Bali Secrets Natural Deodorant – Organic & Vegan – For Women & Men
If you like to choose scents, or you like your deodorant to be natural and unscented, here is the one that you might want to try. This deodorant contains mineral salt in combination with seaweed. It is also enriched with essential oils, aloe vera, and distilled water.
- Even though it is natural, it provides reliable and robust protection.
- It is long lasting – a bottle can last up to 3 months.
- It doesn’t have any harmful ingredients.
- If you don’t like odors, choose the unscented variety.
It contains essential oils – make sure you are not allergic because they can cause burns on your skin.
This product is vegan and organic and is perfect for those who don’t perspire too much. However, if you are not a fan of floral scents, then you should definitely avoid this product.
Underarmed For Women & Men – Organic, Healthy, Safe, Non-Toxic
The motto of this company states that they make a natural and organic deodorant that actually works. Organic ingredients should detox not only your armpits but your body as well. Mild scents of lavender and eucalyptus have a therapeutic and stress-revealing effect.
- This deodorant is safe for kids with sensitive skin.
- It contains no SLS, parabens, phthalates, triclosan, and fragrance.
- It is not been tested on animals.
- It is used very fast because of applying it with every day.
- The price might be too high for a product like this.
After passing the detox period, this natural deodorant should work just fine. The scent should not bother you, and the protection is really good.
ARM & HAMMER Essentials Natural Deodorant
This deodorant is powered by baking soda. In order to eliminate aluminum salts, many brands use this ingredient because it is safe. It has no parabens, color, and animal-derived ingredients.
- It provides you with 24-hour protection.
- Even though it contains essential oils, they won’t leave marks on your clothes.
- You can choose between citrus and floral scents, but it is also available in unscented.
- The gel formula doesn’t suit everyone. If you perspire more than usual, then you have to apply it several times during the day.
It is a natural, gel form natural deodorant which is suitable for everyday use. However, if you perspire a lot, you will have to reapply it a few times during the day.
Essential Oils Can Cause Irritations
Many people start using natural deodorants before looking if they contain any essential oils. You should know that they can cause burns, irritation, and redness. Chamomile and calendula are known as safe ingredients. –However, everyone’s skin reacts differently.
Some of the oils that can irritate sensitive skin are:
- Mint (peppermint, eucalyptus)
- Citrus oils (bergamot, lemongrass lemon, and orange)
- Some essential oils are used as perfumes. They can also harm your skin:
When in doubt, always choose a deodorant that is unscented and you can avoid skin irritations, such as redness, irritations, and other complications.
Even when you are buying a natural deodorant, you should be careful. There are some companies that claim their products are natural when in reality they are not 100% organic and chemical-free. It is not a surprise that natural deodorants for sensitive skin can still cause many irritations. That is why you should always check the list of ingredients. Knowing your body is also essential so you won’t be surprised with uncomfortable complications.
Choose the brands carefully from our list and enjoy in warm summer without worries.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.