There are many ways you can help yourself if you are trying to conceive. Modern technology makes our lives easier with fertility monitors. However, it wasn’t always so easy. Hundreds of years ago, women were drinking lead in order to prevent pregnancy, while women in Hungary tried to stay pregnant by dumping water on their bodies. It all seems crazy from today’s perspective, right?
Nowadays, everything is more possible with technology. The fertility monitor can help you get pregnant or prevent pregnancy. It is up you to choose its purpose.
Pregnancy is a wonderful thing that can happen to couples. It is one of the most joyful experiences a couple can share. However, sometimes it is not as easy as it seems. Healthy couples can keep trying to conceive and fail. That failure is usually caused by stress that we are exposed to every day and added pressure. Don’t let that have an effect on you and your partner. Fertility monitors are made to help you.
What Are Fertility Monitors?
By tracking your ovulation cycle, these monitors can indicate the best time to conceive. They identify your most fertile days so you and your partner can plan ahead. These high-tech monitors can register the changes in hormonal levels, your body temperature, and the changes in urine, saliva, and vaginal fluids.
Best Fertility Monitor: Reviews
Many brands claim to be the best fertility monitors. However, not all of them are telling the truth. I have reviewed the best fertility monitors that you can find on the market today. But, remember this – only you know your body. Knowledge is power when it comes to your body changes.
This brand is recommended by many doctors and gynecologists. It has proven to be very accurate. The touch-screen monitor identifies all your fertile days. The main thing that this device tracks are your hormones levels – estrogen and luteinizing hormone. It can be suitable for all women, even with those with an unstable menstrual cycle.
- The touch screen is very easy to use.
- It pinpoints the two most fertile days in a cycle.
- It has the possibility to store your data for up to 6 weeks.
- Test sticks are sold separately and they are required for normal functioning of your fertility monitor.
Lady-Comp Fertility Monitor – Fahrenheit
The circle fertility monitor looks very discreet, and it can be put everywhere – from your bag at work to your cosmetic bag in the bedroom. It is very easy to use – you only need one minute a day. It displays the expected fertility status for the next six days, which is great because you can make plans with your partner.
- With one button click and 2 minutes in the morning, you get the temperature measurement.
- It has been reviewed and tested by two German gynecologists.
- Different color means different things – red-fertile, yellow-potentially fertile, etc.
- It is very expensive.
- False-positive indications can happen – showing red on your fertility days.
This under-the-tongue monitor is perfect for women who are on-the-go. It has an accuracy of 99.4%. It is easy to use – measuring your temperature in the morning in a very short time. It is connected through the app on your phone.
- The size of the monitor is very handy – you can take it with you wherever you go.
- It shows daily, weekly and monthly status.
- The application on the phone crashes.
- Sometimes you need to reset the device in order to use it again.
This monitor is recommended by a fertility specialist. Like all the others, it is made to be very easy to use. It predicts your ovulation up to 7 days. It measures the electrolyte changes in your saliva – putting it on your tongue every day, it will record the changes. It also has a cervical mucus sensor so you can be sure that the results are accurate.
- It works for women with irregular cycles and with the polycystic ovarian syndrome.
- You can connect and transfer the data from the monitor to your laptop or computer.
- Some customers claim it doesn’t work well for them – the results were always zero chances.
- It is quite expensive.
Ovulation Fertility Monitor Kit by HIMAMA
If you are looking for something so small that it’s only visible for you, then this monitor is definitely a good choice. It doesn’t require any replacements – no strips or test sticks. While you are sleeping, this monitor will measure your body temperature. All you need to do is to connect it to your phone via Bluetooth.
- This brand is best recommended in 2018.
- The device is small, and it is only used at night.
- If you are not feeling comfortable wearing your bra at night, then wearing this monitor can be challenging for you.
Even if you are skeptical, there is a way to measure your basal body temperature while wearing an ear bud. The YONO fertility monitor will help you in your natural family planning while you are asleep. The ear bud is comfortable with a silicone earpiece. It is very easy to use – sync your data in the morning after sleeping while wearing the ear bud.
- It is very easy to use.
- You can choose between using an app or manually or automatically input BBT.
- The ear bud can hurt your ears while you are sleeping – especially if you are not used to it.
Inito Fertility Monitor with 16 Test Strips
As well as all other monitors, this one will provide you with 89% of conception indication and 99.12% agreement to lab results. It measures both estrogen and LH in your urine. The monitor is clean, comfortable to use, and very handy. You can connect it to your phone, whether you are using Android or IOS.
- It works with cycles of between 21 and 45 days.
- It takes 4 steps to make it work.
- It doesn’t have an actual monitor, but it is only connected to your phone.
Unlike the other monitors, this represents a 54x mini version of the microscope. It uses the crystals in your saliva to determine your ovulation days. All you have to do is to put your example of saliva on it, let it dry and it will indicate your fertile days. The good thing is that you can upload a photo to your smartphone.
- It is easy to use.
- You can carry it with you – it is completely portable.
- For inexperienced users, it might be hard to read the results.
Benefits of Using the Fertility Monitors
Helps identify your Fertility Days – these monitors will show you your 6 most fertile days. Using the changes in your BBT and hormones levels, it will give you up to 99% accurate info.
Good for Irregular Cycles – even if it is not 100% accurate, women with irregular menstrual cycle can use fertility monitors as well. A good monitor will adapt to you and the data you are entering every morning.
When You Forget – It will remind you – even when you forget to sync the data in the morning, these smart devices will remind you. And don’t worry – it does all the calculations for you.
Things You Should Know Before Using a Fertility Monitor
Before spending a lot of money on a fertility monitor, be aware that that doesn’t mean they are 100% accurate.
False positive results are common – it can happen that the monitor will tell you are ovulating when you are not and vice versa.
If you are an earlier mom-to-be, start checking your ovulation and buy an ovulation predictor kit. You may ovulate earlier than it is ‘normal.’
Health conditions can affect your fertility monitor results.
Read all the instructions.
Even though becoming pregnant can take some time, you should always look forward and be happy that it will happen! The main thing is to reduce stress and to get rid of any additional pressure. You don’t need that in your life! Take care of your partner, and talk about pregnancy.
Studies have proven that women who have used fertility monitors have 89% higher chances of becoming pregnant. However, knowing your body is the most important, even when you use your fertility monitor. They are all more or less accurate, but knowing your menstrual cycles and signs that your body gives you is the most important thing – even when trying to become pregnant.