Have you ever wanted to look like you have just been to a hair salon? Now that is possible in the comfort of your home! With the best-hooded hair dryers for home, you will look perfectly styled every day. All women are obsessed with volume, shine, and silkiness of their hair. Well, guess what? You can have all that. Even though a professional hooded hair dryer might be pricey, it is worth it.
They first appeared in the USA in the 1930s. At that time, they were quite a revolutionary causing many women to hit the salons and putting their heads inside the hood. While drinking their coffee or tea, women were discussing the news, gossiping about other important and less important things in life. The hooded hair dryer had become a symbol of the era!
How Does It Work?
The hooded hair dryer professionally styles and dries your hair at the same time. It also has many other possibilities. You can use it as a hair therapy tool – use a conditioner, hot oil treatment or a mask and put your head inside the hood.
Best Hooded Hair Dryer for Home Reviews
This ionic dryer will make your hair look fantastic in no time. It will reduce frizziness and leave you with moisturized, shiny hair. Along with using it at home, you can pack your hair dryer because it has the collapsible design which fits in every suitcase.
- Ionic technology provides you with healthy-looking hair and reduces breakage.
- It has a cool air setting which will let the fresh air finish your hairstyle.
- It’s perfect for travel.
- The hood is made of plastic.
- It is too loud.
- The holding piece that should keep the hood over your hair is not stable all the time.
The best bonnet hair dryer for natural hair might be hard to find, but this one might be the perfect candidate. It has two heat settings as well as an adjustable height control. It has a retro design and this dryer has built-in carrying handle.
- The heat is good enough to dry your hair without damaging it.
- You can keep it wherever you want – it is designed to stand or collapse and can even be stowed under the bed.
- It is considered to be as loud as salon versions of the hooded dryers.
- Heat holes are located at the top of the hood – the sides don’t dry at the same time as the top.
This tool will definitely make you feel like you are in a salon. It has a powerful 1875-watt motor with four heat settings. The hood can accommodate even the biggest rollers, and there is also a face shield.
- This dryer has an ionic generator which you can turn on and off.
- It has a cold air setting.
- The hood doesn’t have a lock, which should be there for more protection.
- It is not easy to move on the wheels.
This is a powerful dryer with 2000-watt power. It provides fast drying, but it doesn’t make a noise like many of the other hooded hair dryers. Ionic technology is excellent for beautiful, frizz-free, and shiny hair. The three temperature setting and two speeds make it perfect for quick salon-like drying.
- It has two locking wheels to prevent the dryer from moving while you use it.
- This dryer is very quiet in comparison to others.
- It can’t accommodate jumbo rollers.
- It doesn’t have a timer.
If you just want to dry your hair or turn your day into a visit to a spa, this hooded hair bonnet dryer can absolutely do that. Its portable design and the wheels that can be locked are perfect for moving this tool from place to place. It has temperature and time settings.
- It has an adjustable front visor as well as the hood.
- Temperature can go up to 75 degrees.
- According to some customers, the airflow is weak.
- The wheels are not attached well – they tend to move.
If you are looking for something that is made of high-quality materials, then let this dryer be your choice. Iron and Polypropylene are the main materials of this hooded hair dryer for the home. It also has 3-speed hair drying, and it is adjustable.
- It is made of quality materials.
- The timer with the auto-shutoff function reaches a maximum of 60 minutes.
- The hair can be easily tangled in the air holes if you are not using a hair net or plastic cap.
The dryers with the ionic feature are definitely considered the best. This model has faster drying time than others with 2500-watt power. Movable wheels, two-speed settings, and opening hood will make you feel like you are in a salon.
- It has a timer and the cool air button.
- It’s not very loud.
- It dries hair more quickly than the other dryers.
- The hair without the rollers is easily tangled in the hood holes.
Looking for a real salon experience in your home? This dryer may be the perfect one. It can fit any height of chair because it is adjustable. The numeric temperature and fan controls will make you feel like you are being treated by a professional.
- It is fully height adjustable.
- The wheels are very convenient for moving the hairdryer.
- The stand is not sturdy – the hood can fall over.
More About Hooded Hair Dryers
|Laila Ali LADR5603 Salon Ionic Dryer||3 Heat and Speed Setting||14 Inch||No|
|Conair Pro Style Collapsible Bonnet Hair Dryer||2 Heat and Speed Settings||17 Inch||1875 W|
|Gold 'N Hot Elite 1875-Watt Professional Stand Bonnet Dryer||4 Styling Settings and Ionic Generator||Adjustable Height||1875 W|
|Babyliss Pro Ionic Hard-Hat Dryer||2 Speed and 3 Temperature settings||66 Inch||2000 W|
|Professional Hooded Floor Hair Bonnet Dryer||Adjustable Temperature and Timing||Adjustable Height (Max.63 Inch)||1300 W|
|Ovente Professional Ionic 3-Speed Hair Dryer Stand||Adjustable Timer with Auto-Shut Off||Adjustable Height||1000 W|
|PEBCO Pro Tools Ionic 2500 Stand Hood Dryer||Adjustable Temperature||25 Inch||2000 W|
What to Look for When Buying
How to choose the best professional hooded hair dryer without spending days searching? Well, that is not so hard. Here are few things you should keep in mind before making a purchase:
- Size of the Hood – it should be big enough to accommodate all types of hair – from straight to Afro curls.
- Heat Settings – this is one of the most important factors to check out before buying. Make sure to choose a dryer with the adjustable heat settings. A 900-watt hooded dryer for the home is sufficient.
- Height Adjust – since not only one person will use it (you have to let your friends try it), you should check out if the dryer is adjustable for different heights.
What are the Benefits of a Hooded Hair Dryer?
The main benefit of a home hair dryer is saved money – you can forget about all the expensive hair treatments and regular visits to the salons. It brings freshness to your hair, as well making you look well-groomed. The hooded hair dryers distribute heat evenly – that is why your hair will always seem smooth and not be damaged. Adjusting your dryer is also very important – even when you have a home version. Don’t forget – this tool is perfect for taking some time and treating yourself. Relax and turn a usual working day into a spa afternoon in your home.
What are the Differences Between a Hooded Hair Dryer and a Regular Hair Dryer?
You might ask yourself why the hooded hair dryer is better than a regular one? Well, let’s check out some of the most obvious differences:
Instead of using hot air to dry your hair, hooded dryer uses warm airwaves. The hair can easily be damaged when using hot air; your hair is protected when subjected to warm airwaves.
You can definitely make your hooded dryer into a spa tool. After putting on a conditioner or a mask place your head under the warming hood. It will open hair cuticles and absorb all the nutrients.
You don’t need to use your hands while your head is under the hood. Drink coffee or a read a book – you can do whatever pleases you while your hair is drying.
The hooded dryer creates natural curls – with your hair curlers and warm airwaves you will get a perfect hairstyle at home.
If you have thought that having a salon hairstyle in your home was impossible, then hopefully, after this review, I have changed your mind. A hooded hair dryer for the house can be a very practical thing. It is up to you to choose the best ones from the list above and start drying your hair in a healthier way than ever before.